Weather plays an important role in our future plans and home outs. With so many devices available online, now weather forecasting has become as easy task. Evolving technology has helped us to decipher real time weather reports, via using satellites and sensors. There are number of devices available online, but few are worth buying the do job without costing you extra dime. These devices are integrated with latest sensors, softwares, updated databases, and satellite connectivity for perfect performance. Let’s have a look on top three La Crosse weather forecast devices and their features.
3 BEST LA CROSSE WEATHER STATION COMPARISON TABLE
Top 3 BESTSELLING La Crosse Weather Stations Reviews
#1 La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station with Temperature Alerts
This is standard weather forecasting device that does the entire job in a price range that’s affordable. The device can be held in the hand easily, with 12.5 x 2.5 x 12 inches dimensions, and weighing just 7 pounds. The body has great finish, and looks like a premium gadget. Apart from the looks, it is also a brainer.
- The forecast is animated, with instant reaction to barometric pressure change.
- Indoor comfort indicator is a great tool in the device. It can help achieve a comfy and sound living environment and may even save you costs that could go waste on heating.
- It monitors temperature of indoor and outdoor, with high and low alert settings. It can help if the day hits low and high benchmark.
- Humidity is an influencing factor in weather reports. You can measure it with minimum and maximum records.
- Same goes for the temperature, with more accurate sensor.
- Adjustable brightness for display could really help you out in a bright day, as well in the night, when you hardly want to see any light coming out of that display.
- WWVB self-setting date and time, along with automatic daylight saving time updates.
With usage of the device, personally I found brightness to be little low for a sunny day. The satellite connection does make some trouble. But once set up, it is a butter flow. The controls are on the backside, pretty hard for some people to reach and us, as we all grew up having controls on the front panel. Overall, it is good unit under very good price tag. The hassle free setup of the unit makes it worth a shot. I would recommend this device to setup in the north direction, and where the signal reaches correctly. It can be one of the best weather station available on the market today.
#2 La Crosse Technology 308-1414B Wireless Atomic Digital Color Forecast Station with Alerts, Black
This model of la crosse has better features than previous one. The device comes in landscape screen format, easy to see things and handle. The finish of the product is premium and dimensions are 8.3 x 1 x 5.5 inches, weighing 1.6 pounds. It is light, yet does everything you can expect. Some of the key features are:
- Full color display, with cloud, sunny, mist animations and effects. The display is really bright and colorful. It is the main highlight of this model.
- Forecasts future weather reports also, irrespective if it’s sunny, rainy or snowy.
- Records minimum and maximum temperature, and helps you to get extreme temperatures.
- Heat index and dew point indication is also shown, which is absent in most of the weather forecasting devices.
- Low battery indication and reception strength. You can find the area where it is good and set it up there.
- 2 AA batteries required for juice.
- Easy setup, just put batteries and it is ready for use.
The device works properly after the installation, I personally checked all the features, and it was great. But after three days of continuous use, it lost sync with the outdoor unit. Real time temperature reading wasn’t there. So I had to struggle there. But if you switch off the whole unit and restart, works fine.
I would recommend it for day to day life use. When it comes to cloudy and snowy weather, it starts giving some problems. For this price, it has an excellent screen and vibrant colors. The features are promising and work well, but this device is more for the looks than the job.
#3 La Crosse Technology 308-2316 Professional Weather Station, Black
Simple yet effective, this device does all the work, with minimal amount of input. The screen is simple dot black type, which gives more of a professional look, than just regular weather forecast device. The device is really light, having dimensions5.9 x 1.4 x 6.3 inches, weighing not more than 1.5 pounds. The device has following eye catching features.
- The device can forecast three types of weather conditions: Sunny, Partly Sunny, Cloudy and Rainy
- Also measures Barometric Pressure (hpa/in Hg), which can help is various laboratory task
- Can store upto 24hr data in the form of historical graph, giving minimum and maximum temperature
- Outside base sends data to inside base about various conditions like wind, rain and outdoor temperature.
- Alarm settings for high and low value of temperature and other parameters.
- Can transmit data upto 600 feet range. It is really useful, as one can install it at desired place, where the surroundings don’t hinder wind currents.
- LED backlight display for night visions.
Sensors are very delicate and you need to take extra care while installing them. The backlight is only for few seconds. There is some issues, even when it didn’t rain, the device shows that it did.You can not push buttons when the console is standing alone. You must hold it with one hand then push buttons with the other hand or pick it up with one hand and use finger on that hand to push buttons. Nevertheless, for professional use, it is a great device at a great price. Professional devices are bit expensive but this one is off the mark, when it comes to performance and price. I would totally recommend this if you’re planning to buy a sophisticated professional weather forecaster.